Friday, October 28, 2011

Ranma 1/2 (TV)

This! One of my favorite anime series of all time! Ranma 1/2 is, in summary, about a teenage martial artist, Saotome Ranma, who turns into a pig-tailed girl whenever he gets in contact with cold water while warm water changes him back into a guy again.

Ranma (Boy)
a240-1
Ranma (Girl)
a050-1
Photos courtesy of Photobucket

Ranma 1/2 is not for everyone I think. If you don’t have a sense of humor then this probably will not appeal to you (too bad), because it involves gender-bender, and is a true comedy at that with some little action and romance mixed in. (There are some slight violence and nudity, but nothing too explicit) The story doesn’t really go anywhere. It doesn’t focus on a main plot, but more on the development of the characters and their relationship with each other. Speaking of relationship, I find this anime to be weird but really interesting at the same time, especially with the crazy love triangles. It’s like everyone is in love with someone else! In Ranma’s case, he seems to attract both guys and girls (woah!). But hey! I’m not complaining here. I actually really enjoy it. I especially like the Ranma-Akane-Ryoga love triangle. (oh P-Chan..) Akane is such a tomboy, always fighting with Ranma which just makes it much more enjoyable to watch. I love it when Ranma gets jealous over Akane. Ryoga is a cool guy, but I’m pro Ranma on this. So I vote for Ranma-Akane. It’s obvious that they like each other.

Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Chun Lee
I'm just someone who loves everything anime and games. As you can see, I'm quite a geek. LOL. I love traveling and trying out new things, and is such a hopeless romantic.. XD
View my complete profile

Friends

HostGator promo